Member Course Training
All New York City District ARES® members are strongly encouraged to complete the following basic course training:
- IS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- EC-001 Introduction to Emergency Communication EC-001 can be completed in several different ways:
- SKYWARN® Spotter Training
The “IS” courses listed above are offered on line at no charge in the National Incident Management System (NIMS) component of the FEMA Emergency Management Institute’s Independent Study Program.
The EC-001 can be completed in several different ways:
- The online presentation of the course material features student activities guided by a mentor. You have access to the online platform 24 hours a day so you can work at your own pace.
- The EC-001 course can also be taken in local classrooms, taught by ARRL-recognized Field Instructors. Dates and locations of these Field Class sessions are at the discretion of the instructors. You can find a schedule of upcoming Field Class sessions by inquiring about NYC District ARES next scheduled class, or by using a search tool on the ARRL Web site.
- EC-001 can also be taken as a book-study course, using the recently-published course transcript as the text. This volume, The ARRL Introduction to Emergency Communication Course, 4th Edition, can be purchased in the ARRL Store on the ARRL Web site, and you may find it elsewhere as well. Read through the book, test yourself with the test questions, and do the suggested activities.
Additional Available Training Courses
|ICS-213 An Introduction||PSK-31 An Introduction to PSK-31 Data Communications|
|NBEMS Intro to NBEMS and FLDIGI||RADIOGRAMS Intro to Sending and Receiving Msgs over the NTS|
|NBEMS Advanced NBEMS features||MD380 / 390 Programming Tutorial|
|FIRST AID Intro to First Aid|
Upcoming FCC Licensing Test Sessions
- December 14, 2016
- January 25, 2017